Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Scottie Pillow: A Christmas Miracle

To all my readers who celebrate this holiday, I wanted to start off and wish you all a Merry Christmas!

I spent my Christmas Eve Day in the lovely New York City, as seen in this awesome picture of me with the Rockefeller Christmas Tree:


this was at 8am...when no one is around to ruin good picture opportunities!

After walking around the fabulous city all day, in and out of all the cool stores dressed up for the holidays, it was time to get back to my crochet Scottie pillow. I finished sewing all of the squares together, along with the band of the thirty white squares:

side 1 (no clue why its sideways, but you get the picture!)

side 2
these thirty sewed squares looks kind of like a long scarf

After ALL of this sewing, there was still more to be done (I was determined today, if you could not tell). I sewed each square of the thirty white-ish squares to one of the sides, as shown here:
side with the white squares attached!
Trying to get the second side attached with the backside in was very tricky. I kind of manipulated the white attached squares, turned around and sewed, if that makes sense--sorry, I didn't get a picture of that part!

Here is the wrong-side out almost completely sewed Scottie Pillow (whole on the top is unsewed for stuffing!)
All what was left was to stuff, and IT'S FINALLY DONE!

So, here it is, folks. My first winter break project is COMPLETE!
Scottie in his new home-the couch in my den!

Come back to see what winter break project #2 will bring for me!

xoxo
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment