Saturday, February 1, 2014

What a Great Day to Wear a Sweater!

Right now, it is about 45º F where I am currently residing. For once, it felt a lot warmer out today than this past week! But, despite my need to bundle up each time I leave my room, I have some great news for you!

I have been keeping a little bit of a secret from you this past week...I got bored from working on my circle scarves, I picked up my hook and some Red Heart yarn and went to my Pinterest board for some inspiration!

Some things that I noticed on my nicely titled "yarn" board was that there were many different types of mug cozies! One picture inspiration that I found included a bottom of this cozy, creating a cozy coaster! Unfortunately, there was no pattern for this particular one that I fell in LOVE with! So, what did I do? I did another thing on my bucket list - write a pattern!

I basically just started going with my hook, writing down little notes shorthanded. In the next few days, I will post the fully written and explained pattern on my blog! (If I am technologically savy enough by then, I will create a whole new "page" for original - and free! - patterns)

Ladies (and gentlemen), here are my Cozy Mug Coaster photos!

lovely side view including my nice little bows :)

Front of the cozy, which could have been embellished with a design 
Handle view...notice the contrasting color to create the bows!

Top view, for those who were wondering!
Keep on checking back for some original patterns, coming to a blog near you! (well, ohsostitchy.blogspot.com !)

xoxo
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment